We’re looking for hardworking Advertising Sales Interns. You will be responsible for assisting the full sales cycle from pre-sales through campaign execution. You must be professional, organized and motivated as well as have the aim to succeed in a lively and fast-paced environment. You will be a reliable support resource who can anticipate client and sales team needs. This role includes analysis, planning, research, project management and brainstorming.
What you’ll do
- Verify inventory availability throughout the sales process
- Build internal orders and insertion orders and enforce defined business processes
- Communicate ad specifications and creative lead times to advertisers/agencies
- Work with Traffic team to supervise campaigns and ensure campaign delivery
- Assist with campaign performance and make optimization recommendations
- Work with the ad operations team to provide clients/sales team with any vital campaign reporting, including post-campaign analysis
- Assist with sales/pitch presentations by preparing key data points, findings and relevant research
- Engage with Accounting department in regards to client credit and billing requests/issues
Who you are
- You are a current undergraduate student in your junior or senior year, focused in sales, with previous internships or experience in digital/radio/mobile/online planning or buying
- You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- You have exposure in CRM and Order Management Systems — for example: Salesforce, DFP or DSM is helpful
- You are a highly organized and focused multitasker with strong attention to detail
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have great presentation skills and excellent dexterity in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- You demonstrate the ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 – Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 – March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 – April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.